The term sprout refers to any bean or seed that has begun to grow and is therefore, sprouting.
"Sprout "does not then refer to one particular kind of bean or seeds. That just means the possibilities are endless!
It’s all natural:
- Sprouting is the process of germination. A dormant seed (and that includes the beans) is a miniature plant that contains everything it needs for growth and life.
- It does not need any chemicals or pesticides
- With our beans and seeds, everything is certified organic
- The minerals in sprouts are natural and are easily assimilated by the body
It’s unbelievably healthy:
- Once the germination starts, the nutritional value is hugely increased as natural chemical changes occur.
- Enzymes are in abundance and they transform carbohydrates into simple sugars. They also help your body to absorb nutrients.
- Vitamin C is produced in larger amounts along with many other vitamins. Complex proteins are changed into more simple amino acids.
- Digestion is also helped when the fats are changed into fatty acids.
- During the growth process the seeds absorb minerals and important trace elements. For this reason, it is not advised to rinse the seeds in distilled water.
- Adding sprouts into your diet is like adding a daily vitamin into your daily routine (sans the processing and plastic packaging)
- On our website, each bean/seed includes nutritional information
- Think hours and days, not months!
- No really, mung beans can be ready to eat after 24-36 hours!
- Start your sprouts on Saturday evening and have them ready Monday's lunch!
- Brushing your teeth takes more skill!
- Simply add beans to the sieve, add tap water, rinse every twelve-ish hours and then…
- Our “Instructions” page show you just how easy it is
- Our sprouter ensures that your beans and seeds won’t be contaminated by germs or bacteria
- There is absolutely nothing harmful in sprouting!
- You don’t even need to cook them
- Sprouts can be eaten raw, cooked, blended, at any time of day
- Yes, literally, some of our beans are green but:
- Growing your own food in your sprouter means that you cut down on your carbon footprint
- All sprouting requires is tap water; no soil, no sun, and no special space in your house
- You don’t need to have a green thumb to grow your our sprouts; enjoy the sight of watching something grow (without being scared you might kill it)
- Try new recipes with different sprouts
- Try a “sprouting challenge” and see how many different meals you can add sprouts to (and the answer is……every meal)
- Have your children involved in sprouting so they can learn about germination and enjoy seeing the real Jack and the Beanstalk
- It is also a good way to teach responsibility – rinsing the beans 2x a day is a good trainer for feeding the pet!
Sprouting is simply an easy and efficient way to improve your health!
The Sprout Haus
OUR SPROUTER MAKES GROWING YOUR OWN ORGANIC SPROUTS CLEAN, EASY, AND FAST!
- Sprouting has been around for centuries and people have used various methods - trays, bags, bowls, jars etc.
- Whilst some love their own method, others have given up on sprouting with frustration.
- Sprouting was simply too time consuming or maybe they had a frightening experiences with mould and bad bacteria.
OUR SPROUTER REMEDIES THESE PROBLEMS!
- The strong, clear plastic dome creates the perfect hydroponic environment for beans and seeds to sprout.
- The dome’s design leaves no places where mould can hide.
- The flat, mesh tray gives the baby sprouts space to grow. No more being cramped up in a jar. This means beans grow much faster!
- You can use it in any room, light or dark! No sun needed.
- The tray makes it so easy to rinse beans and seeds – we timed it – 20 seconds a day. Perfect for busy people.
- The dome sprouter is easy to clean (just don't put it in the dishwasher!). Just wash the sprouter with dish soap. The mesh tray is easily cleaned with a dish brush to remove roots or slight discolouration from minerals.
- Sprouting opens up a whole world of delectable new tastes, spicing up salads, snacks, soups, etc. without the reliance on dressings – we make it easy for you to enhance your nutrition.
- Once timid cooks will become sprout alchemists in the kitchen, creating their own recipes while have having fun – and saving money.
- Why not increase your intake of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and enzymes in an easy, safe, and cost effective way?
Have any questions? Just ask us!
We also guarantee the use of this sprouter for many years when following the instructions.
Instructions for Sprouting
Eg. Mung, Chickpeas, Peas, French lentils
- Put the desired amount of beans into the mesh tray (suggest to start with 2-4 tablespoons).
- Rinse the beans under the tap.
- Put about 1 cup of water into the base.
- Put the mesh tray into the base.
- Gently place the dome on top (gases are produced during germination and need to escape so gently does it!).
- Place the sprouting dome on your countertop or somewhere that is not sunny.
- Wait about 12 hours. Some people rinse/change water morning and night.
- After 12 hours, rinse the beans well under the tap and change the water in the base. The first time you do this the water will be brownish – this is the by-product of germination (other plants love to drink it!)
- Every 12 hours, rinse the beans well under the tap and change the water in the base.
- Your sprouts are ready to eat when you can see a shoot growing out of the bean about half the length of the bean. If you leave the sprouts (remember to rinse and change the water every 12 hours) the shoots will keep growing, eventually with leaves.
- Your sprouted beans can be rinsed, dried with a clean tea towel or paper towel and stored in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
For fine seeds you can:
Soak the seeds until they are large enough to sit on top of the mesh
Put in the sprouter, cover with water to swell the seed. When it is time to rinse, catch the seeds in a fine mesh (tea strainer, flour sieve), rinse them, replace the water, and put back into the sprouter. Cover with water and repeat every 12 hours until they stay on the mesh. Then follow the instructions for beans.
Remember: rinse the beans/seeds, change the water, replace the dome!
Et voilà! You've mastered sprouting! Enjoy the fruits of your (minimal) labour!
GET BACK TO YOUR ROOTS!
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no products in this collection.